Saturday, December 1, 2012

Asparagus Pasta

I was recently inspired by a friend who mentioned making an asparagus pasta sauce.  I don't actually know what his recipe was, but I decided that I wanted to make an asparagus pasta sauce!  I also recently ate pistachio pesto sauce, so while I was contemplating an asparagus cream sauce, I changed my mind and started thinking along the pesto lines.  I made an asparagus "pesto," tossed it with homemade rigatoni, and served it as a side to grilled sirloin steak.  Great date night.

Asparagus Pasta

  • asparagus 
  • parmesan or romano cheese (grated)
  • pine nuts
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • lemon zest (optional)
  1. Snap the woody ends off the asparagus 
  2. Toss the asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper, and lemon zest
  3. Roast at 425 for 15-20 minutes
  4. Slice off the asparagus tips and set aside
  5. Combine asparagus stems, pine nuts, and cheese with olive oil and blend in the food processor (I just kind of threw it all in there and probably should have used less nuts and cheese than I did - although it was still pretty darn yummy.  If I did it again, though, I'd probably say the pine nuts and cheese should be in equal amounts, and then more asparagus)
  6. Add more oil or water as needed to reach a paste consistency or thinner
  7. Toss with hot pasta and asparagus tips
  8. And yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...