While I'm sure it would be way better with sliced sirloin, my Hamburger Helper style beef stroganoff turned into a pretty decent weekday dinner.
Also, I think it's really hard to make Stroganoff look appetizing. But...here's the picture anyway:
Beef Stroganoff (Hamburger Helper Style)
- Ground Beef - about 1lb
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Onion, diced (about 1/3 of a medium yellow onion)
- Garlic, chopped (2 cloves)
- Mushrooms, sliced (about 1/2lb)
- Salt and Pepper
- Sour Cream (about 1 cup)
- Dijon Mustard (a couple of teaspoons - to taste, really)
- Pasta Noodles - I used fresh-made Fusilli, but it's usually those big flat egg noodles, right?
- I browned the ground beef and seasoned it while in the skillet with Montreal Steak Seasoning, salt and pepper, and little Worcestershire sauce, then set it aside when done.
- I sautéed the onions and garlic in a little butter, then added that to the beef.
- I sautéed the mushrooms in a little butter, and added some dried rosemary, salt and pepper.
- I stirred all of this together with the sour cream, and a couple of spoonfuls of Dijon mustard.
- I did thin mine down with just a little water because my sour cream was very thick.