Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chicken Meatball Sandwiches.

Chipotle Chicken Meatball Sandwiches
with Apple Lime Chutney and Brie Cheese
Mark is the greatest husband for many, many, reasons, but one of them is that he is always game to eat whatever I make.  And while he is very easy to please, it is still extremely nice when he proclaims something as a "Top Ten" meal.  Tonight's Chipotle Chicken Meatball Sandwiches were honored with an exuberant Top Ten label,  so I am a happy girl on this Fat Tuesday!

I know, I know...Chipotle Flavoring again.  But we had Chipotle flavored chicken sausage that we needed to cook, so I went with it anyway.

Chipotle Chicken Meatballs
Brie Cheese
Apple Lime Chutney (I guess it's Chutney.  What makes something chutney?  Chutney is a weird word.)
Toast
And a good ol' Toothpick

Meatballs
[So, since I made my meatballs from Chipotle-flavored chicken sausage, I didn't have to add too much.  But I did look around and found some lovely-looking recipes for making Chicken Meatballs (Here's one) using plain ground chicken and the wonderful Chipotles in Adobo Sauce of which we are so fond.]
  • 1lb Chipotle Chicken Sausage
  • 3/4 cup Plain Breadcrumbs
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
  • 3 Tbsps Shredded Romano Cheese
  • Salt and Pepper
  1. Mix all the ingredients well
  2. Roll up your meatballs - I used about 2 Tablespoons of mixture per meatball
  3. Cook at 400 for approximately 20 minutes or until they reach an internal temp of 165-170
Apple Lime Chutney
  • 2 Apples, peeled, cored and diced
  • 1/2 Lime, Juice and Zest
  • 1/4 medium-sized Red Onion, diced
  • 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar (this depends on how sweet/tart your apple is...just taste!)
  • Salt - just a pinch or two
  • 1-2 Tablespoons Butter
  1. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat
  2. Add the Onions and Apples
  3. Add Brown Sugar, Lime Juice and Zest
  4. Sauté until tender

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...