Monday, October 29, 2012

Warm Sweet Potato Salad

Warm Sweet Potato Salad
This was gooooo-oood.  And it was destiny, I think, because when I found this recipe online I was able to say, "Oooh, got that...have that...yes...can make that, have that."

Here's the rundown:
Salad:

  • sweet potatoes, roasted with cumin, ginger, and rosemary
  • toasted pumpkin seeds
  • dried cranberries
  • roasted peppers
  • scallions (or just thinly sliced onions)
Dressing:
  • balsamic vinegar
  • mango chutney
  • dijon mustard
  • garlic
  • honey
  • olive oil

Here's the link: Warm Sweet Potato Salad
I did a couple of things differently - but not too much:

  • I used dried rosemary instead of fresh, so I only used about 1.5 tablespoons.
  • I didn't have roasted red pepper, but I did have some of those little sweet peppers, so I just sliced a few and threw those on one end of the pan in which I roasted the potatoes (but took them out earlier than the potatoes, of course).
  • I didn't have mango chutney, but I did have mangoes, so I briefly sautéed those with some onions, butter, a little brown sugar, lime juice (my mango needed more tang), and a pinch of salt....viola!...chutney.
  • And I didn't have scallions, so my plan was to thinly slice some onions, but my chutney turned out plenty onion-y, so I didn't add any more.
  • And the green stuff on top is fresh parsley...just for prettiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...